Perimeter Rifle/Patrol-Post Carbine Training
This course is designed to give the student a working knowledge of Perimeter Rifles, and Post, or Patrol Carbines, and how they function for safe shooting.
Oregon Security Training has designed this training course based on the NRA’s Basic Rifle training, and using components of DPSST training, as well as Handgun training to offer this class.
- Basic Firearms Safety
- Introduction to the “AR Family” of Rifle
- The use of Scopes and other Optics
- Care and Cleaning
- Range Time
- Shooting Positions
- DPSST Course Qualification*
- Transition Training
- Shooting Sports
* Note: This Is NOT a DPSST Certified Course; there is no certification available at this time for Civilians.
You will need the following Equipment:
- An AR-15 style rifle in good working order with sling
- 150 rounds of ammunition compatible with your rifle
- Two-2-Pre-Ban thirty (30) Rnd mags, and one mag capable of holding ten (10) or more rounds. Total of Three (3) mags
- Hearing, and Eye Protection
- A ‘Duty’ Handgun in serviceable condition with fifty (50) rnds of ammo, and holster
- There will be a “Safe Area” to clear all firearms prior to class.
- NRA “Basic Rifle” Certification will be awarded to those who complete this training course.
- Perimeter Rifle/Post-Patrol Carbine Training is available for “Special Class” pricing.
To schedule an NRA Basic Rifle Training Course, please contact us.
Be Safe Out There!