Oregon Security Training has designed this course around the NRA’s Basic Shotgun training course, using components from the NRA’s Law Enforcement Training Firearms Instructors Training course, and the DPSST’s Police Qualification* to build a basic shotgun course designed to meet the needs of the 21st century Security Professional.
- Basic Firearms Safety
- Components of a Shotgun
- Loading and un-loading
- Types of Shotguns
- Fundamentals of Shotgun shooting
- Range time
- Care and Cleaning
- Tactical/Combat reloads
- Transition Training
- Sporting events
- A “Duty Ready” Shotgun in good working order, capable of shoulder firing shotgun slugs, with a sling (a Pistolgrip ONLY shotgun will not work for this training course, Pistolgrip AND stock combo are Okay)
- Twenty-five (25) rnds of tgt shotgun ammo
- Five (5) rnds of 00-Buck
- Five (5) rnds of 1oz. Slugs
- A duty Handgun, and holster with 50 rnds of handgun ammo,
- Hearing, and Eye protection
This Patrol Shotgun “Cruiser Ready” course will be a safe, way to get familiar with your duty shotgun, and overcome some of the “myths” about the shotgun.
To schedule a NRA Basic ShotgunTraining Course, please contact us.
Be Safe Out There!